Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Random Thoughts for The Beginning of Spring

I just returned from a trip back east where I got a chance to wrestle with some wonderful guys.  I had never met any of them before I went out there, so every match was a new experience for me.  I suppose the best part of it was that these guys were, for the most part, my size.  I rarely get to wrestle guys my height and weight, so these matches were really great.  I find that the best matches usually come after a bit of conversation.  It really helps to discuss what each guy wants before you strip down and get sweaty.

I did not do this in every instance this time, and I regret that.

Usually I am pretty willing to discuss my likes and dislikes, but I did not do that in one instance and although I still had a great time, I wound up getting sort of intimidated by my opponent.  It was stupid on my part.

So, my advice to you is this: any time you meet someone new, please sit down and talk about what type of match you are looking for.  Are you wanting to go all-out competitive?  Or are you looking for more give-and-take?  You have to be as specific as possible.  Also, you have to take into account both of your interests.  It can't just be about you.  There will be at least two of you wrestling.  Ask your opponent what he wants.  Try to be open minded and accommodating.

Believe me, this advice will lead to a far more exciting and fun experience for both of you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment