Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

I think it's time for a wrestling road trip!

Okay, I've been working out.  I've been studying wrestling moves.  The weather is warming up.  I think it's time to hit the road and try wrestling some of the guys out there.  You know, it's not that easy to just get up and go someplace to wrestle.  There are a lot of factors that come into play: a little lingering fear, doubts about my abilities (I'm not THAT great of a wrestler), money, time off from work...the list goes on and on. 

But, what are the alternatives?  Another summer spent just thinking about wrestling other guys.  Wasted time.  I'm not getting any younger, you know.  There will come a day when I might not be able to wrestle. 

So, I think when the pros and cons are weighed...it looks like it's time for a road trip.  Okay, then, to where?  After some deliberation, I've decided that Washington DC is the place I will go.  This will allow me to meet up with some friends that I've wrestled already and hopefully meet some new guys.

My main criteria is that I meet guys around my size.  I live in a southern state, and finding guys who are around 150 pounds is pretty damned hard.  In the south, a 150 pound guy is usually around 14.  And, since I require that my opponents at least be past the age of consent, that just won't do. 

As the trip progresses, I'll keep you guys informed about how things shape up, how I arrange to meet guys, and how the matches turn out.  Of course, there will be no names.  I have to respect peoples' privacy.  My last trip (to Philadelphia) was great.  I hope this one is, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment