Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's Time For a Wrestling Road Trip (continued)

Once you've selected where you're going to go, the next step is to find a hotel.  There are a few things you should keep in mind about selecting a hotel.  You will need a fair amount of space in your room.  If you are going to wrestle in your room, you need some space to roll in.  Most guys can't host, so most matches will take place in your room.  Another thing to think about is the size of the bed.  King is best.  Queen is okay.  Anything smaller is not really that great.  You can't wrestle a guy on a twin bed. 

Finding guys to wrestle isn't too difficult.  I use globalfight.com to do it.  For my up-coming trip I advertised the dates and also sent out emails to guys in the area who I thought would be fun to wrestle.  I was gratified to get about fifteen responses. 

Of course, that does not mean that I will wrestle fifteen guys.  Of those, most will be no-shows or will never write back again.  In my case, I have only gotten serious inquiries from about seven guys.  Of those, I only have time to wrestle around five.  So, that gives me some good leeway. 

Since I am a smaller guy, I will choose to wrestle guys more my size.  In my case, I've made some exceptions for some guys that I've met before and whom I think are really hot and fun to wrestle.  None of my opponents will out-weigh me by more than around twenty pounds though.  Any more than that, and I might as well stay in Arkansas! 

In my next post I'll discuss how we decide on the type of match - the style of wrestling - the limits - sexual and physical.  Keep those emails coming.  I appreciate everyone's comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment