Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Washington DC Wrestling Trip

Traveling by air is such a tricky business these days. But it's even worse when you find yourself waiting for your plane next to a guy who just wants to talk and talk. And what about? How every time he flies something goes wrong. Me? I typically have good luck. But as he's describing yet another disastrous trip he's endured, our flight is delayed by two hours. Worse, I won't make my connection to DC!

Then it hit me. The guy's a Jonah. I had to heave him overboard. So I did the next best thing, I moved away from him and got in another line.

That worked. American Airlines set me up with Delta, and I was set. Of course I had to go get my tickets and bag all over again, and pass through TSA screening again, but it was a small price to pay for ditching my Jonah.

The rest of the trip went well. I passed the time reading Tina Fey's "Bossypants" and found myself laughing out loud in a very embarrassing way.

So anyway, I made it to dc where I found that my first cancellation awaited. I was all set to wrestle a guy whom I'd wrestled a few months back but he was suddenly called out of town. So, here I am sitting in my hotel room writing and sort of biding my time to see if another guy calls back.

This is how these things go sometimes. Guys call or they don't, they get tied up with work or life or change their mind. But I'm in Washington Dc and I'm not just going to sit here. I'll find somehi to do.

But, OMG, it sure it hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment