Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Before Labor Day Weekend

That's me in the photo above, flexing my guns (such as they are) and putting the hurt on scissormenow, a friend of mine who came up from Florida and wrestled me last week.  He's a really cool guy and a lot of fun to wrestle.  He has about forty pounds on me, but I'm in pretty good shape these days and ready to wrestle.

I've been really hitting the gym a lot this summer.  Most weeks I work out at least four times, and I run two miles each morning before work, and do two hundred weighted crunches (with a thirty pound ball on my chest).  I'm actually a little shocked at the amount of definition I show in the picture above.  But, then I'd been wrestling for about an hour when this photo was taken, and that is a lot like any work-out - it really pumps you up.

The weekend promises to be sort of iffy.  I have a funeral to attend tomorrow.  Sunday my relatives are coming over and I will be grilling out for them.  Otherwise, I intend to do a lot of writing.  I'm in the middle of writing the first draft of my second novel.  I'm hoping to have it completed by next summer.  But there are a lot of things that might get in the way: work will be very intense over the next year, and I'm volunteering to help coach my old high school's wrestling team.  Now you know why it takes me a day or two to post sometimes!

Anyway, have a great weekend everyone!  I hope you get to spend time with loved ones and friends, and I hope you get to wrestle.  And if you do, wrestle...hard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment