Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Listening

From Sean.Cody.com

I have gotten quite a few emails from my last post.  Readers and friends both have been writing in and asking if I am okay.  I guess I didn't realize how my tone would come across in that last post, but I was sort of upset last week.  I'm not a super-competitive guy, but I hate losing - especially over and over again.  It reminds me too much of high school, I guess.

So, why the picture of the hot guy above?  Well, motivation for one thing.  I am determined to get bigger.  But, I want to be smart about it.  Some of my readers mentioned that I need to listen to my body, and I agree.  I think I knew that--I've been working out for years and I have learned to recognize what works for my body.  Unfortunately, part of that has been accepting the fact that my ideal weight seems to rest right around 140-145 pounds. 

Well, I say: "accepting," but not really.  I have also settled into a routine at the gym.  Lifting the same weights, doing the same exercises.  I need to mix it up.  If nothing else, I need to mix it up to avoid being bored.  But more than that, I think I can do better than I've been doing.  I think I can lift heavier weights than I do.  And the last few weeks have shown me that I can.

The picture above is from one of my matches a week ago.  I am on top.  That is Norcalfur on the bottom.  He's a nice guy to wrestle.  He has a good build and he seems like an okay guy.  The picture might give you the impression that I am winning, but it would soon go horribly awry and he would be on top.

I'm sorry about the rather poor quality of the picture.  It's actually a still from a video.  So, it's not HD quality.  Here's another:

The guy in the mask is Geoffrey.  A lot of the time that we wrestled, we would all three wrestle.  It was fun, but also sort of frustrating, because if you got an advantage over someone, the third guy would help out the guy in trouble.  So, the matches tended to go on for a while. 

So, here's the plan for the coming week.  I will hit the gym four times, and  cut back a bit on my running.  I will be concentrating on major muscle groups, and trying to get as many good calories as I possibly can.  My weight this morning: 146.5.  By the end of the week I want to hit 147.5 or even 148.







No comments:

Post a Comment