Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Progress

Yeah, that's me, after about two weeks of my attempt to get bigger.  I see some improvement, but not a whole lot.  But, then again, it's only been about two weeks.

Honestly, I don't find the work outs too tough.  Well, they are tough, but I mean, I don't mind them.  In fact, I really enjoy them.  My gym isn't exactly a hard-core gym.  There aren't any body builders running around.  Mostly it's older guys (older than me) or college kids who are doing a little working out before returning to school.  I'm usually working out next to a sixty or seventy-year-old who is lifting ten pound weights, while I sit there in my torn t-shirt, sweating like crazy and lifting as much as I possibly can. 

I only have an hour at lunch each day to work out, so I have to really hit it hard.  I don't waste much time between sets, and I don't stand around and talk.  I've got a set of routines I use depending on the day and the week.  One day may be shoulders and back, the next chest and arms, the next legs.  I still do a lot of ab work each morning before work - usually around 250-300 crunches - but I've cut back my running to three times a week.

The hardest part of all this is the diet!  My gosh I have a hard time with that.  I'm pretty good at eating right, but because I eat egg whites and dry toast at breakfast, and chicken and brown rice at lunch, I never make the number of calories I need for a given day.  I am taking protein drinks, but I can't take too many of them.  They make me feel like I'm going to explode.  And I don't mean with rage.  My body just can't metabolize huge amounts of protein - at least not the kind I get from those drinks.

Still, I'm sticking with it.  The last two days I've worked out like a maniac and I feel pretty good.  Unfortunately I still weigh either 146 or 147, depending on the day.  I wish I could hit 148, but I just can't seem to do it. 

3 comments:

  1. man you've got some muscles!!! I would love to feel the power those muscles have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying that. I appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes yuo do could you let me know what you are trying to use to get bigger i am same way i do not seem to be able to bulk try it all think i need to chang something and i aslo would like to have chance to feel the power you getting

    ReplyDelete