Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Who Knows How Things Will Turn Out?

Photo: www.sean.cody.com
 
There’s a guy I know—well, I say I know him—actually we’ve never met.  He has been planning on coming to town to wrestle me for…well, years. 

I mean that.  Literally, years.  Maybe five or six at this point. 

We’ve emailed and talked on the phone, and he has actually been all set to get on the plane to fly down here when…well, every time something intervenes. 

Once it was a storm.  Once it was an earthquake.  Several times it was that his trip was cancelled because of work. 

This has happened maybe ten times.

Last Monday I was all set to finally meet him.  I was going to take off work for a few hours and go to his hotel room.  We were going to go down to the gym and work out together, get all pumped up, come back to his room and flex and intimidate each other.  He wanted to put me in a full nelson.  Hold me up in front of the mirror and watch me struggle to escape.  I was going to stand toe-to-toe with him and lock hands and see if I could force him to submit.

But, like every time before, he emailed at the last minute and said that he wasn’t coming.

I know what you’re thinking.  Why even bother with this guy?  He’s obviously a fake.  Nobody sets up match after match and then drops out. 

But, then, that’s the point.  I don’t think anyone would set up match after match just to back out over and over.  I think he really intends to come down, and I think he would have this time if things had not intervened.

His mother is older.  She lives with him.  She requires constant care.  That’s the problem he’s having, and quite frankly, I’ve been there.  My mom lived with me the last few years of her life and it was hard.  There were times when I wanted to just take off, go wrestle, but I couldn’t.  I had responsibilities. 

So, I understand.  And I’m still ready to wrestle this guy.  He says he’s coming before the end of September and I’m ready.  I hope he does make it, finally.  And I hope it’s as much fun as I want it to be. 

Sometimes, it costs so very little to just give the other guy some slack.  To understand rather than flame out and block.  What have I got to loose, really? 

This might wind up being the best match I’ve ever had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment