Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Aftermath

When a match begins between two guys, probably the most important moment is that initial moment when you lock up for the first time.  That is the instant when you find whether it's going to be a tough match or an easy match. Whether you are going to have to try and use skill, rather than strength, or you are going to be able to over-power your opponent.

If you will recall, I wrote a post a few weeks back about being tough.  I think, depending on the guy I wrestled this past week, that I either embraced those ideals or I forgot entirely about them.  For instance, when I wrestled my friend from DC (and I use the term "wrestled" pretty broadly here) I did not show a lot of aggression. 

Why?  I think I sort of figured that I could not beat him.  There was something about him that told me that a real match between the two of us would not have ended well for me.  And, I think I was right.  He was quite strong - and it turned out - had wrestled in college.  A major college.  A major Division I college.  Okay, maybe that had been a few years ago.  But he was a strong guy.

Now, when I wrestled my buddy from Nashville, and the guy from Atlanta, --and even the guy from San Francisco, I didn't hold back.  For some reason I intuited that these would be good matches.  That we would be relatively well-matched.  Atlanta turned out to be a lot stronger than he looked, but he was a nice guy who liked give-and-take.  I could tell that it was going to be fun, no matter what.

My Nashville friend, in particular, was extremely hot, and fun to wrestle.  God, I enjoyed rolling with that guy.  He was such fun. Easy-going, and masculine.  Strong, but not over-poweringly so.  The same goes for San Francisco.  He had a hot body and was strong enough to give me a hard time, but I could hold my own with him.

Even wrestling Colorado and St. Louis was no big deal for me.  Both of those guys are bigger than me, but I had no problem just jumping in and doing my best.  I think I didn't use many moves with Colorado, which I regret (it was like my mind went blank) but against St. Louis, I did okay.  Of course, both those guys let me do ok. 

Now, I'm not saying that DC wasn't a nice guy. Or wasn't fun to wrestle.  I think it was more me than him.  Maybe it's because it was so late in the week and I was sort of worn out. I mean, that's my excuse.  But I still think that even fresh, that I could not have controlled him.  I just don't see it.  Do I want to wrestle him again?  Yes, I do, but I don't think I would ever wrestle him competitively.  I don't think that would be a good idea.  Dude, if you're reading this: sorry.  I think you're a little out of my league.

But, having displayed my wimp flag, let me also say that I am not giving up.  I'm still working like crazy to get bigger.  And I will still work on my attitude to try and be a tougher opponent.  I don't mean that I want to be an ass-hole, I just mean that I want to be a better wrestler.  Someone other guys want to wrestle.





No comments:

Post a Comment