Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Monday, October 8, 2012

New Matches

It's funny how these things seem to go in waves.  Long stretches where no one wants to wrestle and I begin to despair that I will never get to wrestle again (I'm easily discouraged, aren't I?) and then, wrestlers, wrestlers, wrestlers.

I'm in the middle of a bit of a wave of wrestling right now.  Wrestling Week was only a few weeks back (and man, was that fun), and now I've got several matches lined up over the next few weeks.

I don't use Meetfighters.com that much.  The interface is so damned small on my iphone that I feel like I'm going blind half the time.  But I do get challenges off that site from time to time.  One that has really been nice is a guy from out in California that I've gotten to know through emails and phone calls.  He seems like a great guy--my size--and a real stud.  We are planning on meeting up in Phoenix to wrestle in January. 

Closer in, I'm headed back to Memphis in the next few weeks to wrestle with my friend from Nashville.  He was such a blast during Wrestling Week, and I have to admit to having a little bit of a crush on him and his out-standing abs.  This time around, we're gonna spend the whole evening just the two of us wrestling.  Yes, there will be oil.  And I will take pictures this time.  I didn't take many of him last time. 

I heard today from a guy on Meetfighters - got a challenge - and I just assumed it would be from someone in England or Spain.  Seems like most of the guys I hear from on that site are over-seas.  But...what the hell?  This guy is my size (roughly) and lives here in my town!  I was shocked.  Of course, I wrote him back, and (hopefully) we will meet up and see if we wanna wrestle.  It would be cool to have someone here in town who liked to wrestle.  So, I hope this works out.

Then, there is one hold-over from Scruff, the site I was on briefly a few weeks past.  I met a guy on that site who is very well-built.  Quite a bit bigger than me.  But he is interested in wrestling.  I am going to work out with him and we'll see if anything comes of it.  I have this idea that he'll meet me, realize that I'm about forty pounds lighter than him, and turn around and leave.   I don't know why I think that, but I do.  I may be wrong, but I think the criteria people use on a site like Scruff is a little different than what we use on Meetfighters or Globalfights.  We're looking for someone who would be fun to wrestle.  I think on Scruff the criteria skews more toward dating.  I'm not the pretty type. 

So, things are cool these days.  The weather is nice and autumnal.  I've carved a pumpkin.  Gotta rake some leaves.  I've dug out my hoodies and long-sleeve wrestling shirts.  As always, it's time to wrestle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment