Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Greco-Roman Wrestling

For those of you who don't know, Greco-Roman wrestling is one of two types of wrestling practiced at the Olympics.  (The other is free style).  Greco-Roman is based on (just like it sounds) Greek and Roman style wrestling.

Greco does not allow the wrestlers to obtain a hold below the waist, so they must grapple for control by gaining control of their opponent's arms or torso.  Once an opponent is thrown to the mat, you have thirty seconds to "turn" him-- that is expose his back to the mats.  Since you can't grab him below the waist, you have to heave him up and over from around the chest or waist.

A friend of mine sent me the following video this week.  Check it out and see what you think.  I think it is incredibly hot.  I think all international wrestling should be done shirtless, but it isn't.


I think the two guys are very sexy and I love the fact that they are going at it in a real match.  But more importantly, I think Greco-style wrestling is a really cool way to wrestle.  Because it pits two guys, one against the other, chest to chest, head to head, it seems to me to be a more pure type of wrestling even than free style - which relies more on skill in takedowns.  Where free style requires speed, Greco requires muscle and stamina.  I love the way the guys' muscles flex as they lean into each other and fight for position.

Here is another hot Greco match.

I love the blonde guy.  I guess I have a weakness for blondes.

Then, here's one more match that I've watched quite a few times over the years.  Again, I think the blonde guy is amazing looking, although both guys are so muscled and fit that I just want to jump in there with them.





So, who wants to do some Greco wrestling with me?  Any takers out there?


No comments:

Post a Comment