Message from John Carter

This blog is rated R and is not appropriate for people under the age of 18. If you are offended by gay content, please move on and read some other blog.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blondes

There is something about a clean-cut, muscled jock in a singlet isn't there?  The guy above has a lot of the attributes that I find compelling in a wrestler: smooth muscle, clean-shaven chest and face, and blonde hair.  I'm sort of a sucker for blonde hair.

I don't know why that is, exactly, but if I had to guess I would think that it is because when I was a kid, one of my friends was a guy who had brilliant blonde hair.  He was an absolute asshole, no doubt about that, but he was handsome.  Even as a kid, he was built really well.  He was very athletic.

I always wanted to wrestle him, but he always found some reason not to wrestle with me.  Usually, he'd just run away from me.  Weird, huh?  But he would.

I think the reason he did this was that he really found something provocative in the fact that he was not involved.  For instance, one of his favorite things to do was to get one of my friends to invite someone over.  He would hide, and then get the one friend to ask the other friend whether he liked him.  He wanted to over-hear someone speaking badly of him.  Isn't that an odd compulsion?  I've never met another person who had that desire.  This was a twelve-year-old kid, by-the-way.

I asked him about it several times, but he never would answer me.  He'd just shrug it off and change the subject.  I think that part of his problem was his father (big surprise).  His dad never called him by his name.  He always referred to him as 'boy.'

Was that some sort of evidence of abuse?  If it was, it wasn't much.  I never saw him look like he'd been hit.  In fact, he always looked really nice.

His blonde hair gave him a perpetually clean look - like even though he was covered in sweat from playing basketball, he still looked neat.  And attractive.

I sort of fell out with him about the time we hit puberty.  I started hanging out with a bunch of second-tier jocks that liked to wrestle and play football.  He was basketball all the way.

And, one day I was riding in the back seat of my dad's car and we passed by his house.  He was on the front porch in the act of putting on his t-shirt.  I never will forget that image.  I had not seen him in a few years, but there he was, muscled up and tan from the sun.  His hair was matted with sweat but still looked perfect.  I think I almost came all over myself.

The guy in the picture above reminds me of him.

    

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back after all this time. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back John
    Any nearer to some more Middleboro?

    ReplyDelete